2010 m. rugsėjo 26 d., sekmadienis

Aerosmith are jealous of me – Tyler


Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has finally been confirmed as a judge on US TV gameshow American Idol – and he says his bandmates are jealous of his new role.

But it’s just another in a series of ups and downs for a band he says he’s been married to for 40 years, and who have hurt him on occasion.

Tyler will appear in the show alongside pop star Jennifer Lopez and producer Randy Jackson. He says: “With the band, we’re five guys who’ve been married for 40 years, which makes it even worse than women. I could go on for an hour to explain that.

“At first they were jealous. They heard it through the press and not me, but I said to them: ‘Four months ago you were looking for another lead singer.’

“I’ve been on tour with these guys for 40 years and they’ve been judging me every day. Sometimes it hurt – a lot of times. Most times I came out stronger.

“It’s a real journey with those guys and I’m they would say the same about me. But I’m sure they’re happy for me – this is going to take it all up another step or two.”

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry recently said: “Why would he want to do that instead of cruise on with Aerosmith? I’ve been with the guy for 40 years and he couldn’t even say – he said, ‘Well, they told me not to tell anybody.’ We’ve got an album we want to do, another tour, we’ve got families, we’ve got different things going on. It’s like getting hit over the head.”

And A&R legend John Kalodner, who steered the band to their greatest successes, observed: “If Steven makes a giant success as a TV personality he won’t want to go back on the road – and there’s no Aerosmith without Steven.”

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą